Monday, September 8, 2014

From Boulder to Los Angeles!

After a big and great block of training with the Apex crew, it was time to drive back to LA. Florencia came to visit me for a few days in Boulder, and has joined me on the trip back to California.
Boulder is the perfect city for training, at least in the summer! And so on, even Florencia did a couple workouts at the gym and went walking on a few trails where I was running. It is a tiny city, but with lots to do its impossible to get bored, in the picture above we are in downtown at Pearl St.

The trip straight away could be done in 17 hours, but driving from Colo to Cali, is like reading "The Alquimist", from Paulo Coelho: You can do it in one day, but you can also go really deep, and it can take several days, if not weeks!
Due to my racing season, I couldn't spend more than a week, so we loaded the car with most of belongings, and shortly we were driving an itinerant residence. Felt a lot like a homeless, but instead of a shopping cart I had my whole stuff in the Isuzu! Including my bike, which I would often take away for training.

The idea was to travel with no rush, we had plans "a", "b" and "c". It would all depend on our will to stay a little longer, explore, or just hit the road.
The result was 1.345mi in six days, and we stopped over: Glenwood Springs, Grand Junction, Moab, Monument Valley and Kingman. Along the way we decided to not go through Las Vegas, as I would be racing there soon, so there was a second trip coming soon!

I think we were very lucky with all the hotels, stops, and attractions, they were all very nice, plus I didn`t miss one day of training, and while I was working out, Flor was dedicated writing her thesis to conclude a Tourism degree back in Argentina. 
The Isuzu couldn`t fit better in this trip, specially crossing the Mojave desert and when getting lost at La Sal Mountains, luckly the 4x4 was up to date! 

More than 2000 pictures and several hours of video! I will be editing and posting piece by piece of our adventure crossing the West side of US!

Click here to the 2nd day of our Journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment